Bread Poha is the very first thing I think of when I’m too hungry to be able to wait for a proper meal to arrive. It’s quick, super easy to make and a perfect fit for an ideal breakfast menu. It’s healthy and delicious and you can not get enough if it once you learn to make it.
Here are the detailed instructions on how to make a quick and healthy Bread Poha.
Preparation Time: 8-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
2 large tomatoes (finely chopped)
2 onions (finely chopped)
6 white/brown bread slices
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
5-6 curry leaves
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil/ghee
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp oregano flakes
For The Bread: You can use white bread or brown bread depending upon the availability. Take the bread slices and cut them into 1 inch pieces using a knife or a food cutter. Keep them aside to be used later.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Wait till they begin to crackle.
- Add chopped onions and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the onions turn golden-brown.
- Add tomatoes and mix it well. Add salt and turmeric powder to the mixture and cover the pan with a lid to help the tomatoes cook quickly and perfectly.
- Open the lid after 2-3 minutes to check if the tomatoes are cooked properly. If not, keep it covered for another 1 minute or until the tomatoes turn tender.
- Add bread squares to the mixture. Mix gently on low heat for a minute.
- Sprinkle oregano and serve hot.